Despite the TENS OF BILLIONS of dollars invested in oil and gas on a yearly basis, information on oil and gas-related private equity investing is hard to come by and often ignored or overlooked by traditional media outlets that don’t understand the market.
OilGasEquity.com seeks to shine a light on private equity investment in upstream, midstream, oilfield services and downstream companies. While much of what occurs is private and proprietary, such companies and their sponsors do interact with federal and state institutions and regulatory bodies that require the disclosure of information beyond mere public relations.
Capitalizing on that fact, OilGasEquity.com collects, consolidates and analyzes publicly available information on PE investing activities, their portfolio firms and their key personnel. The goal is to create an information hub that enables better understanding of an important, and growing, area of private equity investment. Information is drawn from publicly available sources such as:
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- U.S. Federal Trade Commission
- Railroad Commission of Texas
- New Mexico Oil Conservation Division
- Oklahoma Corporation Commission
- as well as other state regulatory bodies, press releases and other sources.
This site has information on $76.1 billion invested by 155 PE sponsors in 1,305 active and exited companies, including:
830… Active Portfolio Companies
157… Oilfield Services & Equipment
Key features of OilGasEquity.com include:
- Intelligence [2,000+ items]
- Index Oil & Gas Portfolio Companies [200+ items]
- PE Firm Presentations [32 items]
- Portfolio Company Presentations [25 items]
This site is curated and maintained by Mark Druskoff, a business reporter experienced in covering the oil and gas industry.